Do you have any favourite parking tips?
Mine would be:
#29 Practise your parking
Practice makes perfect! Find a quiet street, where there's no pressure, no spectators, and lots of free parking spaces - somewhere you can practice your parking skills to your heart's content :-)
Other parallel parking TIPS:
* Use shop window reflections in town to see how much room you have
* When pulling out, as well as checking your mirrors for a gap in the traffic, look at the road ahead (for pedestrians / stopped traffic)
* Parking sensors and backing cameras are helpful, use 'em if you got 'em
* Tilt your mirrors down to see how far you are from the kerb
* If you're getting stuck, or flustered, take a deep breath, and don't be afraid to start the whole manoeuvre over. Take your time.
* Put your passenger to good use - on the footpath guiding if needed
* As you back into the park, check your mirrors for passing cars that could collect the front of your car swinging out. On narrow streets especially, wait for a gap or a considerate driver to let you out
Above all - be considerate yourself, let other drivers in or out, and cut yourself and other drivers some slack. We can all have a bad parking day :-)
Buckle up, buttercups! And practise your parking :-)
PS - Please share my Buckle Up Buttercup tips! The more we talk about road safety and what we can do to keep ourselves and others safe – the safer our roads will be. Things that might be obvious to you might still be unknown to your friends or family.